AQUAFIN®-IC (IntegraCoat) is a state-of the art one-component, penetrating cementitious material which waterproofs and protects new or old structurally sound concrete or concrete masonry in-depth. It resists strong hydrostatic pressure and is not a vapor barrier (lets concrete “breathe”).
AQUAFIN®-IC contains active waterproofing chemicals which react with moisture and free lime in the concrete, creating insoluble crystalline complexes which seal the capillaries and minor shrinkage cracks. They penetrate even against strong hydrostatic pressure, becoming an integral part of the concrete. The waterproofing chemicals remain active for the life of the structure, permanently sealing it from water penetratration.
Contact us for your Free Initial Consultation.
- Capillary / Crystalline Cementitious Penetrating Waterproofing
- Applied into moist damp Concrete – Penetrates into Concrete
- Permanently active – Excellent negative side waterproofing
- Resists strong hydrostatic pressure, tested up to 200 psi = 468 ft (13.8 bar = 140 m), positive or negative water pressure
- Self seals shrinkage cracks up to 1/64″ (0.4 mm)
- NSF/ANSI Standard 61 certified for contact with potable water
Untreated concrete is a porous system, which is prone to water penetration (blue).
AQUAFIN-IC (red) is applied to the concrete surface. The active ingredients start to penetrate into the capillary pores.
Inside the capillary pores, the chemicals react with the free lime and moisture forming insoluble crystalline fibers. The mechanism moves further into the concrete, sealing the pores.